« Home | MultiBlogging Techniques Review Part II - Picking ... » | Chitika and AdSense Tips - Sharing the Ad Revenue ... » | A Review of My MultiBlogging Techniques - The Pen ... » | More Blog-Visitor Tracking Tools - Link Logging: B... » | Professional Blogging - A Review Part II - Time Is... » | Professional Blogging - A Review Part I - Don't Gi... » | Ning.com - More Tools For Blog and Website Publish... » | Google AdSense E-Book Review » | Increasing Your Search Engine Referrals Through Ba... » | Update on Qumana Blogging Client and AdGenta Ad Ne... »

Friday, November 04, 2005

MultiBlogging Techniques Review Part III - Using Your Own Blog Search Feature

One of the things that you may find happening after you've written 40 or 50 posts to a single blog is that you lose track of what you have written. I have a number of blogs for which I'm having trouble remembering what I have or haven't written.

I track my blogs in a number of ways, as a redundancy check, including a word processor file listing posted and not-posted entry titles, a spreadsheet listing posted entry titles by day and blog, and the built-in folder feature of Zoundry's BlogWriter blogging client software. That's in addition to any handwritten notes I may have listing posts for the future.

However, these are methods that I've been using more recently. I have numerous older posts that I didn't bother tracking, or just didn't find the time to. So what to do? Simple. Search for them. Use your own blog's search feature to find a certain keyword or phrase.

In fact, I recommend using "search" as it puts you into the role of a reader. How are they searching for you? After you use your own search feature, go straight to one of the search engines (or all of them), and search for your posts using the same terms and phrases. How are you ranking?

Whether you find your posts via your own blog's search feature or on a search engine, you now have a bird's eye view of what you've already written. Are there any related topics that you haven't covered? I find this method a great way to make sure I'm covering all the angles of a topic in my blogs. If you do this, too, just make sure that if you are using your own blog's Google Search, that you don't click on the advertiser links on the results pages.

Links: Zoundry (http://www.zoundry.com)

(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com

Technorati : , , , ,


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/