« Home | Professional Blogging - A Review Part II - Time Is... » | Professional Blogging - A Review Part I - Don't Gi... » | Ning.com - More Tools For Blog and Website Publish... » | Google AdSense E-Book Review » | Increasing Your Search Engine Referrals Through Ba... » | Update on Qumana Blogging Client and AdGenta Ad Ne... » | Can You Earn An Honest Living on the Internet Part... » | Changing Blogging Platforms From Blogger.com To Wo... » | Can You Earn An Honest Living on the Internet Pt I... » | Page Rank Changes - Did Your Google Page Rank Change? »

Monday, October 31, 2005

More Blog-Visitor Tracking Tools - Link Logging: BlogFlux Adds A "Where Are My Visitors Going" Tool

UPDATE: To anyone who read this post already, I got it all wrong. Ahmed from BlogFlux set me straight. Just having one of those days I guess. A corrected post is given below.

My favourite blog-visitor tracking service, BlogFlux has added yet another free tool to their repertoire. This one, called Link Logging, shows you a time-breakdown of links away from your blog site, as well as how many clicks for each outgoing link were recorded.

For those of you that do not have any sort of stats package analyzing your blog visitor logs, this is a nice, simple way of finding out how your visitors are leaving your website. I believe this also means that you can track which advertiser links your readers are using.

The Link Logging tool gives a break down of outgoing links over the selected period. Unlike BlogFlux's Mapstats tool (for tracking pageviews and the approximate geographic location of incoming visitors), there is no 80x15 button icon nor any maps. But like Mapstats, Link Logging simply requires you to insert a small piece of javascript into your blog page template.

I've just activated link logging on BlogFlux for some of my blogs and will report on my experiences in a couple of weeks.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com

Technorati : , , , , , , ,


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/