« Home | Google AdSense E-Book Review » | Increasing Your Search Engine Referrals Through Ba... » | Update on Qumana Blogging Client and AdGenta Ad Ne... » | Can You Earn An Honest Living on the Internet Part... » | Changing Blogging Platforms From Blogger.com To Wo... » | Can You Earn An Honest Living on the Internet Pt I... » | Page Rank Changes - Did Your Google Page Rank Change? » | Can You Earn An Honest Living on the Internet Pt I... » | Brief Review of Qumana Blogging Client and AdGenta... » | More on Search Engine Optimization - 5 Steps to Op... »

Friday, October 28, 2005

Ning.com - More Tools For Blog and Website Publishers: Building Social Networking Applications

Genius Marc Andreesen, who was credited with the creation of the first Netscape browser, has launched his ning.com, which allows creative types to create social networking software by cloning and tweaking and small selection of "atomic" applications. You simply sign up at ning.com, then request a developer account. It took 3-4 days before I got my account, but I've already started sketching out several applications.

If you have a look on the ning.com website, you'll only see 7 basic starter apps. But honestly, it's all you'll need for starters. When you have a look at each app and understand its underlying structure, you'll see how you can build new apps on top of those simple 7 apps.

Ning.com provides the ground work for some very cool applications that can supplement your blog content. I have a few ideas up my sleeve that I'll write about on one of my blogs when I've got them working. As I am a digital mapping nut, all of my apps are likely to use maps. Keep an eye out in these pages, or my main site, Chameleon Integration Systems, for links to new projects.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com

Technorati : , , , ,


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/