« Home | More on Search Engine Optimization - 5 Steps to Op... » | Occam's Razor Applied - Or Why Is My Blog Traffic ... » | Search Engine Referral Windfall or Natural Course ... » | Blogging As Therapy – When Panic Strikes » | Back From Vacation » | Give'em What They Want Pt II - And Now For Somethi... » | BlogSpinner - Writer's Tools - The Writer's Block ... » | More on the Concept of the Long Tail Phenomenon - ... » | Kaizen - Bootstrapping Your Blog/Website Redesign ... » | The Best Laid (Blog) Plans Often Go Awry - Plan To... »

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Brief Review of Qumana Blogging Client and AdGenta Ad Network

After reading Darren Rowse's post about the new Qumana blogging client and AdGenta ad network, I thought I'd give them a try. This is only a very brief review which expresses my initial impressions, and supplements what Darren's post says. (He's not using either Qumana or AdGenta, for his own reasons).

Right off the bat, I found Qumana's tour clear and easy to navigate through. Sometimes, but not always, that's an indicator that the software is also easy to use. So I downloaded the software, but waited to use it until after I was approved for AdGenta. Unfortunately, I'm disappointed to say that I'm not impressed with either the software or the ad network.

AdGenta has a shortage of ads for many of the topics I blog about. And I found using the Qumana blogging client to be extremely frustrating, particularly when it came to trying to set up the ads with my own keywords, then trying to change unsatisfactory ads. I'm still a big fan of Zoundry's (free) Blog Writer blogging client, and doubt I'll change from that client for any software with less features.

However, I always believe in trying out new software and websites several times in the hopes that my initial assessment was mistaken. I'm going to set up one specific blog (with real content) just for testing Qumana and AdGenta, and will report on it again later. I'm just not yet sure what blog to set up, so it might be a while yet.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com


Technorati : , , , ,


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/