« Home | The 100th Monkey Syndrome or Why We All Blog About... » | Making Your Blog or Website Sticky -- Bringing Bac... » | Joining a Blog Network?: Protect Your Written Words » | Protecting Your Images, Photos and Graphics » | Breaking Out The Riot Gear For A Fun Day of Blogging » | Blogging: Never On A Sunday? » | Hook Me Up - Linking To Your Old Posts - A Generos... » | Visibility in the Blogosphere Pt III - Words Are A... » | Are You Experienced Pt II - More on Combining Blog... » | Some Observations About Establishing Presence In T... »

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Best Laid (Blog) Plans Often Go Awry - Plan To Write But Write Your Plan

Okay, I lied. Last Monday, I posted that I was no longer planning to blog on Sundays because I needed some down time and time to catch up on writing instead of chasing my tail. Well, I lied. Yesterday (Saturday) is usually a half-blogging day, in the evenings, because of my daytime work shift. But I ended up having to work 13 hrs straight without a break because someone was ill. And I had my blogging all planned, too.

You know the saying "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry"? Well, that's my point. The fact is that while I'll plan out several posts for my many blogs, I often find them supplanted by fresher ideas that are more appropriate at the time. The result is that I may never get to some of the posts. In my spreadsheet grid, I find that I keep moving many of my notes from their currently slotted day to a couple of days in the future. And I'm doing this an awful lot. If you do this, too, don't toss out the post. With the cycles that are a part of life, the post may become relevant again in the future.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com

Technorati : , , ,


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/