« Home | Hook Me Up - Linking To Your Old Posts - A Generos... » | Visibility in the Blogosphere Pt III - Words Are A... » | Are You Experienced Pt II - More on Combining Blog... » | Some Observations About Establishing Presence In T... » | Some Observations About AdSense Advertising Revenu... » | By The Rivers of Babble-On - Or Blogging In Verbos... » | Are You Experienced? - Using PDF Whitepapers To Su... » | Blogging For Relief and an Update on Zoundry Blog ... » | To Spell-Check or Not Spell-Check Your Blogs – Or ... » | Let Your Blogs Write Themselves »

Monday, September 19, 2005

Blogging: Never On A Sunday?

Never on SundayAfter long, hard thought, I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't blog on Sundays. It's a not a religious thing per se. And I'm not saying that I won't be writing my blogs on Sundays. In fact, that's exactly what I'll be doing. Traditionally, I've made Sundays "my day", where I give myself permission to slack off, to mentally recuperate if I want. And since I am now spending 12-20 hrs/day, 7 days/wk blogging, reading over 100 blogs a day, doing research for blogs and ebooks, and generally writing. And that's on top of any consulting to earn money, charitable blogging, and my part-time job. I need a day to recuperate.

If I don't take a day off to organize, I'll go crazy. I have a stockpile of partially written blog entries, but when I'm blogging, instead of actually finishing my pieces, I often obsess way too much over stats. I'm a stats junkie. So in addition to writing a blog entry and posting it, pinging services to announce my updated blog, checking for typos or broken links, I'm also tracking my visitor logs, my AdSense account, 2 or 3 services that give me a Google Map with icons showing which cities my visitors are coming from, and so on.

Believe it or not, it's not the AdSense stats I'm concerned about. They'll improve or they won't. I know I have to build up a readership for each blog, gain some credibility, maybe garner a few contracts, and so on. If I'm lucky, that will eventually translate in to AdSense revenue or I'll have to produce revenue some other way to support my blogwriting habit.

In fact, I do have a number of tricks up my sleeve that readers of my cooking blogs just may get a thrill out of. I'm some months away from this and a few thousand short for equipment. And I have some planning to do, and some money to earn in some way or other. So I do plan to keep researching, writing and generally blogging, but Never On A Sunday.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com

Technorati : , , ,


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/