« Home | The Writing School of Life » | On Writing Well - Or Strike That Comment » | Talk, Talk, It's Only Talk - Or Why I Multi-Blog » | Managing Your Image Files With Picasa » | Thought Management - Keeping Track of Your Unfinsh... » | Mad Skills of An Addicted Blogger » | You Say You Want A Revolution - Are Blogs the Evol... » | Oops! Didn't Do My Homework for BlogDay 2005 » | To Manage Content Or Not Manage Content? A CMS Is ... » | Life Goes On/ Blogging About Disease »

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tools of the Trade or Stationery Fetishists Anonymous



Hi. My name is Raj, and I have a problem. I'm addicted to stationery: pens, pencils, plastic shape-drawing-thingees, paper, but most especially sketchbooks. The blank pages of a sketch just make me salivate with anticipation of what I can document there. Now, mind you, there's nothing wrong with buying sketchbooks. Except that I have a stack of bound sketchbooks and notebooks literally about 3 ft high. With only half the pages used in many of them. If sketch books are on sale, I can't resist. In fact, I bought 4 today, with the smallest one (3" x 4") pictured above, beside my optical mouse. It's got an elastic band to keep the book closed, and a cloth bookmark. Truly unnecessary, but cool nonetheless.

Truth is, though, this littlest one is great to write and sketch in while commuting (preferably while you are NOT driving). I ride the bus a lot, so I can record my thoughts before they slip away. I can also use a single page to list some blog post ideas for each day. If I do this on a larger page, I tend not to write anything else on the page, thus not making efficient use of the sketch book. More to the point, writing/drawing in a sketch book this small makes me feel like I've done a lot of work since the page is filled. And sometimes that's all you need to spur you onto to more writing.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com
Posted by Picasa


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/