« Home | Act of God? » | Where Ya From? - Tracking Visitors » | Hark, Who Goes There: Determining Who's Visiting Y... » | 15 Seconds Of Fame » | Using a Spreadsheet to Plan Your Blogs » | Multi-Blogging Techniques - How To Manage Several ... » | Turn Your Life Experiences Into Blogs » | Blogging The Write Way » | Using Gantt Charts to Plan Your Blogs » | HOW TO ROAD-PLAN YOUR BLOG »

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Life Goes On/ Blogging About Disease

Sorry. I just had to get writing about Hurricane Katrina out of my system. But life does go on, and as a full-time deluded writer, I write both because I want to and because I have to. The fact is, seeing the damage of Katrina made me think that New Orleans looked like a Third World country after a similar devastation. I have lost family members to various types of storms - two uncles in the past 6 years. But that's not what Katrina made me think about. It made me think about disease and its possible spread.

As part of a personal mission, I donate some Internet-related consulting time to help charitable organizations. Several bloggers are blogging about stopping poverty. I am managing one blog about poverty and another about the Avian Flu, which might turn into a Pandemic which could decimate huge populations around the world, not just countries like China. If you are looking for causes to blog about, the Avian Flu is an important one. While blogging about wiping out poverty is highly honorable, if our populations are decimated by Avian Flu, poverty won't be the only thing on our minds. (We are in the process of moving the BirdPandemic blog to hosting on my server, so I have not provided a link just yet.)

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.blogspot.com


E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 


Blogspinner-X
 

BlogSpinner-X serves two primary purposes. Firstly, it houses the original version of my Blogspinner blog, and contains the full-text of my older entries. Secondly, the more recent entries are excerpts of the full-text entries posted over on Blogspinner V2.0. In other words, the "X" stands for "eXcerpt".

About Me
I'm a geek/ philosopher/ composer/ artist/ cook/ web programmer/ consultant/ photographer/ blah-blah-blah who is also a published writer and author. This is one of several blogs that I write.

 
Archives
Internet Blog Top Sites
Earn advertising revenue for your blog or website
Download the Instant Buzz traffic toolbar
SEO Made Easy - Free E-Book
BlogMad: Traffic to your blog
Button Creator for Free
Web blogspinner-x
make money with ads by Google



Used books, out-of-print books, rare books at Biblio




Media Devils Blog Ad
(c) Copyright: 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://blogspinner.countwordula.com/